A two day event sponsored by JASNA-NY & JASNA-NJ. It leverages Bordentown, NJ where the Bonaparte family emigrated after the Napoleonic war.
About this Event
PROF. GILLIAN DOW: “A woman who, like me, knows only her mother tongue, and has read very little in that”? Or, Why We Shouldn’t Trust Our Authoress on the Matter of Foreign Languages and Reading
PROF. ROBIN MITCHELL: Vénus Noire: Representations of Black Women in 19th Century France
PROF. CHARLOTTE GORDON: Maligned and Misunderstood: Mary Wollstonecraft and The Vindication of the Rights of Woman.
PAULA BYRNE: ‘The House would close with the greatest éclat’: Eliza de Feuillide, Mary Crawford and the ‘rights of a lively mind’
TAYLOR SHELBY: Jane Austen’s Jewels: Jewelry of the Regency Era
ABBY COX: Franco-American Fashion in the Regency Era
ADAM HODGES-LECLAIRE: History and Life Upon Lafayette’s Recreated L’Hermione
CHARLES BURNS: Silhouette History
JESSICA MCKENNA, AMELIA RODRIGUEZ, and MEREDITH BARNES (JASNA-NJ) Virtual Walking Tour of New Jersey’s French Connections
SATURDAY NIGHT SOCIAL PARTY GAMES
- A line from each book has been translated into emoji’s. Can you figure out the line and the book?
- What’s in Your Reticule?: Grab your purse, briefcase or backpack. Points will be awarded for each item you have with you.
OPTIONAL EVENT: Saturday, April 17, 2019 (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- Meet speaker Charles Burns over Zoom and pose for him while he cuts your portrait
- Cost: $30 per person (includes shipping charges)
To register, please click https://www.eventbrite.com/e/jane-austens-french-connection-tickets-142444628719.
• After registering, you will receive a confirmation email. THAT E-MAIL CONTAINS AN IMPORTANT LINK. You MUST click on that link to “register” for Zoom access to the conference.
• After completing the Zoom Registration you will receive another confirmation e-mail … THIS E-MAIL CONTAINS THE ZOOM LINK enabling you to access the online conference. SAVE THIS E-MAIL!